Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Day Four Continued


I averted a low today! I got a 30 minute warning of a low when I was 153 and on a walk. I got myself home and drank a juice at 105. My B.G. dropped to 88, but turned around before I got lower and I stayed around 112 until dinner.

Nice! Check out the Line Graph over two hours.
I was dropping at about 5:00 p.m. and it turned just after 5:30 p.m.
I am pretty impressed. I always thought about this thing in terms of warnings for lows, not about the opportunity to avoid them. I also thought about it in big wide statements to gain better control, but the idea that this could help prevent an emergency is amazing to me. I have read about the technology for awhile, but to experience it is something else.
Today I barely looked at the thing (compared to my obsessiveness for the past few days), but the alert was very helpful!
Regarding adhesive, it is stuck on good, but the edges are flapping in the breeze. I like the idea of Mastisol, so I may pick that up if allowed through the study.
Got another Projected Low Alarm at 11:30 p.m. and avoided getting low. I was 115, but I drank some juice and I am 95 and holding steady 20 minutes later. Can't wait to see my Dr. on Monday and get some numbers straightened out based upon this tighter control. Also, anxious to know what my A1c was to start this project.



3 comments:

nicole said...

I wanted to thank you for your blog and for pictures of the CGMS! I am anxiously watching for this to be available to my 10 year old and am impressed by your pics of the actual size.

Anonymous said...

Another thanks from me!! I also live in the Austin area and have my 6 year old son on the Dexcom. We're eagerly waiting for word on how the Navigator holds up to all the hype!

Anonymous said...

I will add another thanks for this blog and the pictures. I am not sure I could get my almost 13 year old son to wear this device. He is barely tolerating the pump. Someone posted the link to this blog on a Children With Diabetes Forum, so you are likely to get more traffic.