When was the last time you did something nice for yourself?
We are all fabulous people and live with interesting and sometimes difficult circumstances, so do you ever take time to yourself—treat yourself to something special, just because you need it?
I have this beautiful Permission Granted box gifted to me by two friends that is filled with little bits of wisdom and invitations to do something nice for you. They say things like:
- Develop a collection of your own art supplies—and don’t let the kids use them
- Allow yourself to say NO!
- Visit a Farmer’s Market and treat yourself to your favorite fruit. Eat it on the front porch as soon as you get home
- Eat a dollop of cookie dough without feeling guilty (my FAV)
- Paint your toenails a vibrant color
This week, I stopped at my favorite Mediterranean grocery and bought a huge tub of tabouli, freshly made hummus and warm pita bread--right out of the oven. I LOVE tabouli, so I got in my car and made myself a huge pita filled with these amazing flavors. It was a mess! The explosion of lemon, parsley, onion and tomato is so intoxicating; It was a real treat for me.
"Self-care is not about self-indulgence, it is about self- preservation." ~ Audre Lord
Tell me, what have you done for you lately?