As I mentioned in my post, I liked the meter. It was a nice change from the boring, no-frills Ultralink, but I have about a million One Touch strips to use up. I'm trying to be patient, but it isn't the meter I want, its the Enlite Sensors. Happy for the new meter, but let's hope it is the next step before releasing the Enlite!
medGadget posts meter benefits as:
This isn't a revolutionary product, but it is much more pretty and readable!
- Enables fast and easy bolus dosing and continuous glucose monitoring calibration
- Pass-through feature allows for easy downloading to Medtronic’s convenient online CareLINK software, replacing the CareLINK USB device
- Bayer’s No Coding™ technology makes testing easy by automatically setting the correct code each time a test strip is inserted
- Easy-to-read display with large, clear numbers (my favorite feature and the only thing "new" enough to matter)
- Fast 5-second countdown and small 0.6 μL blood sample
- Optional pre- and post-meal markers with audible reminders
Here is the news release from Medtronic, posted on Tu Diabetes by Emily Coles.