Pages

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Day Two: Continuous Glucose Monitor Trail--Thrilled!

So, I had to calibrate the CGM at 2:00 a.m. last night, but that was only because of the timing in putting it on, but since then my glucose readings have been tracked every single minute since about 10:00 p.m. last night.

I saw a trend at 5:00 a.m. where my blood sugars rose fro the 130s to about 200 and stayed there until I woke up around 7:00 a.m. I did a bolus adjustment on my pump and have hovered around 125 since then. Actually in the last hour I have slid to 88, but the Navigator shows me as stable, neither trending down or up, so I think that came about fairly gradually.

I have access to a line graph that show my sugars in 2, 4, 6, 12, 24 hour increments and this is very helpful is following trends. I will see tonight if I track high from 5:00 - 7:00 a.m. and then consult my Dr. for a basal adjustment if needed. Do you know how amazing this is? To know when your hormones kick in and be able to make micro adjustments is astounding!

I am totally fascinated by this--I can't believe how much this lessens the stress. My husband Marshall say he feels less stress too, knowing that I actually can "see" I'm ok, rather than me just saying, "I'm fine," using my instinct and how I am feeling.


More later in the day on device, although I need to make one note--the adhesive began coming up on one side last night.

No comments: