Pages

Friday, June 15, 2007

Howdy Camp Bluebonnet Families!


I wanted to gove a shout out to all my new friends from Camp Bluebonnet, a camp for children with diabetes in Central Texas. This week was a blast, even as rain poured on our last day of camp. I had so much fun sharing with folks interested in the Minimed Real-time System. Lot's of interest.


Have a great summer friends and stay tuned for more info on the Minimed CGMS...I heard they are close to having one site for both the Sensor and the Infusion set; close as in maybe a year.

Feel free to post a comment and say howdy! I'd love to hear from you guys!

4 comments:

meanderings said...

Howdy!

Amy C. said...

I am glad you had a great time. My son and I have attended Camp Bluebonnet for 10 years now. This is the first time we have ever experienced rain like that on more than one day during camp.

All the work that went into planning and carrying out the camp is worth it when you see how much the children enjoy themselves.

I know the Navigator is great and have read your blog -- all I have to do is convince my son to insert and wear another site. At this point, it is hard enough to insert the pump site.

Wendy Morgan said...

Hi Amy!

You did such a great job this year and even though we had rain, it was still so fun. In fact, risking our lives on the speed-racer go carts was alomost as good as going to Six Flags. I didn't hear one single complaint from kids or parents about the rain, so I say SUCCESS>

LOVED the carnival this year. The addition of music adn the bubble machine was such a nice and ambient touch. Snowcones and pop corn also great.

I am going to try to get the Minilink and sensor on my little one this weekend, although I want to be careful not to push her into it.

nicole said...

I emailed you earlier but if your daughter would like to chat with mine email me and I can send you our phone number. H loves to talk to other kids about her CGMS :-D I hope you have success getting her to wear it. Our first site was a bribed one (it amazes me what my daughter will do to get another webkinz :-O ) I did tell her from the get go that this was not optional and a one time present sort of thing. I didn't think I could afford a new webkinz every 6 to 10 days LOL.